Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Character Inspiration

When I can't think of anything in particular to paint, (which is often) I like to make up characters. They can be anything, here for example are a western robot gunslinger, a sad princess, and an aging knight. I just give them any attitude that comes to mind and have fun with them. A lot of times they suggest a story idea which I bank for later or they're just for fun. Whatever! Keeps the old brain and wrist moving.


Andree said...

Aaaaaaaawsome! Do you paint digitally, Chris, or are these watercolor or acrylic or ?
Love your work!


Chris said...

Hi Andree! Thanks mucho.Good ol' Photoshop. I'm ashamed to say I haven't touched real paint in a couple years. I plan on getting back into the weekly workshop mode again soon, I burned out on it a while back but I miss the discipline.

Marcos Mateu said...

Great expressions!